Barrington Full Interchange
- Assisted in negotiations with IDOT Tollway and Governor’s office.
- Secured additional funding to complete the funding of the project.
Audit Based Funding
- Starting in 2015 the Auditor General will rate audit finding. Crespo plans to introduce legislation requiring all appropriation committees to use audit reports for budgeting purposes.
- Article from the Daily Herald Editorial Board
The Grant Accountability and Transparency Act
- In response to grant abuse and NRI, this protects Illinois Taxpayer dollars.
- Governor’s Press Release.
Park District Funding
- Recently secured funding to build a new swing set designed for autistic and special needs youth at SD54 Eisenhower Jr. High in Hoffman Estates.
- Secured funding to replace playground equipment, and improve facilities at the Hanover Park and Streamwood park districts.
Friend of Tourism Award
It was an honor to receive the “Friend of Tourism” Award from the Illinois Council of Convention & Visitor Bureaus at their 2014 Illinois Governor’s Conference on Travel and Tourism Awards Ceremony. The Illinois Office of Tourism, and the Convention & Visitor Bureaus in our state are instrumental in creating jobs and economic revenues for the State of Illinois. Most importantly they showcase our great State.
Great Citizen Award
Thanks to the Village of Hoffman Estates Government for presenting me with the “Great Citizen Award” for my involvement in securing assistance for the Hoffman Estates football program. A special thanks to Hoffman Estates Community Bank and Georgeanna Mehr, and St. Alexius and Kelley Clancy for being great corporate partners.
Wings Purple Tie Recognition
I was surprised and honored to have received a beautiful timepiece at the annual WINGS’ Purple Tie Ball on September 28, 2013 for my involvement with WINGS (Women In Need Growing Stronger). WINGS helps homeless and abused women and children by offering services that meet their needs for shelter, education, guidance and support. They provide safe, secure living environments that allow women to go to school, work, and achieve financial and emotional independence. It’s an honor and privilege to be associated with such a great organization.